The only known cause of mesothelioma is exposure to asbestos, a naturally occurring mineral known for its heat resistant properties. Asbestos was used in thousands of different products despite corporate knowledge of the devastating health impacts. Below are five facts about the asbestos related cancer.
- Approximately 2,500 to 3,000 people are diagnosed with mesothelioma every year
- For every 12 cases of pleural (lining of the lugs) mesothelioma there is 1 case of peritoneal (lining of the abdomen) mesothelioma
- 9 out of 10 diagnoses of malignant mesothelioma are individuals over 60 years of age
- Mesothelioma symptoms take anywhere from 10 to 45 years to manifest
- 80% of mesothelioma diagnoses are males while 20% are female
The Paul Law Firm advocates for victims of asbestos-related diseases. If you or a loved one is suffering from mesothelioma, call the Paul Law Firm. With over 2.5 billion dollars collected for victims of asbestos exposure, we have the knowledge and the experience to fight for you. We also understand that fighting doesn’t just happen in the courtroom. It also happens in a lab where we are fighting for a cure. Check out the Mesothelioma Research Foundation of America here.
Call us today at 1-855 88 LEGAL (885-3425) or contact us online to discuss your case with one of our experienced mesothelioma lawyers